What is the difference between Tolerance and Surrender?
What is the difference between tolerance and surrender?
- You do not make an attempt to let go of the dislike, this increases the bitterness in your heart itself and makes you a bitter person.
- You do not recognize the degree of burns you are experiencing because of your own dislike churning inside.
So what is a sensible option? Surrender is the higher road. When you are in a difficult situation or with a difficult person, you do your best to make the situation better and then surrender.
What is Surrender?
- Surrender your anger, hatred, jealousy, greed, etc.
- Surrender the habit of constantly thinking about the situation or person.
- Surrender is simply letting go of the thirst for the fruit of action [karmaphalam] and just being 100% with the action.
- Surrender is being in the present moment, from moment to moment.
Only Surrender can bring peace of mind, tolerance cannot. Got it?
Have questions? Reach out to Ekta by clicking on the “Ask a Question” button on the left sidebar. For attending Ekta’s online knowledge sessions, click the “Gnyana Sangha” button on the left sidebar.
Have a Spiritual Question? Ask Ekta