JGD didi, many happy returns of the day. Please could you give us a message on your birthday about how to celebrate a birthday.
Life is a school. We all are here to learn some lessons. There are several classrooms:
– relationship class,
– career class,
– social class, etc.
Every day is a new lesson. Those who pass the lessons move towards graduation and never have to repeat them. Some don’t learn so well and need repetition.
A birthday is a reminder that ‘X’ no of years ago, you were sent back into the classes that you failed. Failure was because of some ‘Raaga’ [craving] or ‘Dvesha’ [aversion] from your previous lifetime.
So how should one celebrate a birthday?
- A birthday is a good day to look back and reflect on past lessons and gauge where lies raaga & dvesha.
- Remind yourself that every birthday that passes is 1 year closer to graduation …. 1 year closer to Death.
- Promise yourself to rise beyond the bondage of ‘cyclical birth & death’.
- Gather the courage to fearlessly move towards graduation!
- Remind yourself that ‘I am not the body and only the body dies, I still live. If I must get out of this circus of samsaara, I must make an effort to first overcome raaga/Dvesha and then finally overcome the Fear of Death too.
The day you experientially recognize that you were never born, and you will never die, that will be the day of true celebration. Graduate successfully! Make your Death day more important than your Birthday!
Have questions? Reach out to Ekta by clicking on the “Ask a Question” button on the left sidebar. For attending Ekta’s online knowledge sessions, click the “Gnyana Sangha” button on the left sidebar.
Submit a Comment
Have a Spiritual Question? Ask Ekta
[…] 原文址/Original site: https://ektabathija.wordpress.com/2017/08/21/birthday-message/ […]
Thank you for this rare wisdom!
I appreciate your excellent effort in explaining this to us.
Undeniably believe that which you said.
it’s pleasant to read this.
Happy Birthday 🙂
Happy Birthday Ektaji! I loved your analogy and advice. I’m so glad that you passed the tests and now we are able to learn from you in this Life-school. Each teaching of yours is like a drop of nectar, nourishing and revealing the part of us that is immortal, while weakening our attachment to the part that is mortal. My deepest gratitude to our Guru and Teacher!🙏🏼
Thank you so much for the beautiful knowledge you bestow on us.
A very very Happy Birthday Ektaji
Dear Ektaji, Happy Birthday to you! My grand daughter’s birthday also today.I just gave a message to her about my lesson. and i opened my mail and i got this. I love the way you explained, Life is a school yes!! so much to learned :)) Love Visala